Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the 2016-17 academic year:
1st child in family $14,300
2nd child in family $13,300
3rd child in family $12,300
4th child in family $11,300
These numbers are for domestic students only. International students should email Andrew Selig for information on international tuition information and how to apply to Northwest Catholic as an international student.
Continuing Catholic Education Scholarships (CCES)
A student who has graduated from a Catholic Middle School in the Archdiocese of Hartford and continues his or her Catholic education by enrolling as a freshman student at Northwest Catholic High School will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship is valid and renewable as long as the student maintains a 2.0 GPA and whose account is not determined to be delinquent by the Finance Office.
Tuition Payment and Collection
The NWC Finance Office issues a monthly statement on or about the 24th of each month. All payments are due by the first of the month. There is a 15-day grace period before a $25 late fee is assessed, and a 1% per month finance charge assessed on past due balances.
The only accepted methods of payment for new accounts are:
- Payment in full
- Automatic withdrawal from your bank account, subject to a $2.50 installment fee
- Automatic charge to a credit card, subject to a 3% charge installment fee
Financing for extended terms of one year or more is available at low interest rates to qualified borrowers.
The following payment plan schedules are available:
- Payment in Full: A full-payment discount of $250 for those who pay by July 1. (Contact the Finance Office to obtain the correct full-payment amount.)
- Four Payment Plan: Payments due July 1, September 1, December 1, and March 1
- Monthly Budget Payment Plans: Payments due on the first of each month beginning July 1. An installment fee is assessed according to the chosen payment method:
- Ten Monthly Payments (July through April)
- Eleven Monthly Payments (July through May)
- Twelve Monthly Payments (July through June -- not available to senior year students)
All students are assessed a $625 Student Activity Fee and a $225 Academic Course Fee. There is a $300 technology fee that includes use of a school-provided iPad each year. Seniors also are assessed a $550 Graduation Fee. Students who participate in Ice Hockey or Swimming are also charged a $350 fee. In addition, registration, AP and PSAT test fees, and daily transportation fees are billed during the year, depending on the requirements and needs of each student.
Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Hartford (that do not have a parish school) contribute $250 in addition to each student's tuition. The Archdiocesan policy concerning this subsidy requires that the family be registered with the parish, be regularly participating in the worship, life, and ministry of the parish, and be financially supporting the parish. Students who are not recognized as members of a Catholic parish are responsible for payment of the $250 fee and will be billed for it.