Northwest Catholic has a personalized, friendly Admissions process. Our goal is to help prospective students and their families discover the school "where they know that they belong."
|Oct. 28||Open House for prospective students, 1-3pm (Register Here)
|SmartAid applications available on NWC website.
|Nov. 17||Entrance Exam for prospective 9th Graders, 8am-noon; only incoming 9th grade students who take the exam on this day at NWC are potentially eligible for academic scholarships. A completed application serves as registration for the exam.
|Nov. 30||Admission files must be completed by November 30 in order to receive an admissions decision by early January. Files completed after November 30 will receive a decision on a rolling basis. If you complete your file after November 30, it will not make an impact on your decision, it will only effect when you receive your decision letter. Completed file consists of: first quarter or trimester report card from the current school year, transcripts from the previous 2 years (6 & 7), standardized tests, recommendation form, completed entrance exam. Students who have a 504 plan, ICEP, or IEP must submit this documentation prior to the entrance exam. If they meet admissions requirements, they may also have an interview with our Guidance Department.
|Dec. 31||Deadline for families to submit tuition assistance applications (Smart Aid).
|Jan. 28, 2019||
Entrance Exam offered again.
Decision letters mailed to all applicants who completed their file by November 30, 2018. Students who complete it after November 30, 2018 will receive their decision letters on a rolling basis.
|June||Placement tests in Algebra, Spanish and French for students who are currently enrolled in these courses in middle school.
During a student experience day you will get an overview of what you might encounter as a Northwest Catholic student. We won’t reveal all the events here, but by the end of the day you will have a chance to meet many different teachers who will give you an understanding of why our school is “where you know that you belong!” Numbers are limited, so registration in advance is required.
This is not a one-on-one shadow day. You will be able to register for a shadow day through your admissions account beginning in January. Please note this program is for 8th grade and transfer students only. Some Catholic partner schools visit Northwest Catholic as a group. If your school does not plan a group visit or if you attend a public or another independent school, please contact the Admissions Office to sign up for a date convenient for you.
Each year, Northwest Catholic hosts an Open House. During this event you might choose to go on a student-led tour of our building, meet our teachers and coaches, tour the displays in the gymnasium to learn more about clubs and athletics, have a snack in the cafeteria and visit the academic department displays, listen to performing arts groups or participate in a science lab. There is lots to see and do.
The 2018 Open House will be held on Sunday, October 28, 2018 from 1-3pm. Registration is encouraged and you can register by CLICKING HERE. Walk-ins are also welcome!
Northwest Catholic High School requires all applicants to Grades 9 to take the HSPT as part of the admissions process. By completing the online application for admission, a student applying to Grade 9 will be automatically registered to take the exam.
This test is also given at other Catholic high schools in the area; however, only incoming 9th-grade students who take the November exam at NWC will be considered for academic scholarships.
Northwest Catholic will offer its Entrance Exam on Saturday, November 17 at 8am. Sign-in will begin at 7:30am in the Dining Hall. Click here to create an Admissions account and submit your application.
- Record Release Form
- Please click here to fill out and print a copy of the record release form. The form should be brought to your child's school. Please inform them that we should receive all materials by November 30, 2018.
- Recommendation Form
- Students must submit a recommendation form from the principal or guidance counselor at their current school. The recommendation form can be emailed to the principal or guidance counselor during the application process and requires the student have the email address of the principal or guidance counselor. For a printable copy of the form, click here. Please provided a stamped envelope for the person filling out the recommendation form.
- Current year interim report or progress report (only if 1st quarter/trimester is not completed by Nov. 30)
- Current year (1st quarter or trimester)
- Previous 2 years completed report cards
- Standardized Tests
- Entrance Exam
- Northwest Catholic High School requires all applicants to Grades 9 to take the HSPT as part of the admissions process. By completing the online application for admission, a student applying to Grade 9 will be automatically registered to take the exam. Students may select their exam date at the bottom of the first full page of the application for admission. Click Here to apply.
- Educational Evaluations (students who have a 504 plan or IEP)
- If you indicated on your child's application that they have an IEP, ICEP, or 504 plan, we must receive the documentation prior to them taking the entrance exam (HSPT). Students who meet admissions requirements will also have an interview with a guidance counselor before a decision can be made.
Our shadow day program runs on select days from the end of October to the beginning of May. Due to the number of requests for individual shadow days, we can only allow applicants to Northwest Catholic to schedule a shadow day. Shadow days run from 7:50am to 1:25pm and students must schedule them in advance through their admissions account. 8th grade students who shadow from October through the end of January will shadow a current 10th grade student. Starting in January students may shadow a current 9th grade student.
You will follow a current Northwest Catholic student during your shadow day experience. Although you might not see the same courses you would be taking next year, you will be able to gain a better understanding of our community and how our day flows. We will provide your lunch during your visit. Bring your questions so that your host can help you learn more about Northwest Catholic.
Tuition assistance based on financial need is determined with the help of an assessment by SMARTAid. The deadline for applications is December 31. You must meet the deadline to ensure consideration for assistance. Applications received after December 31 will be placed on a waiting list for consideration if funds become available.
Please check back on the NWC website in early November, which is when the SmartAid application will be available online.