A private school welcoming international students.
We are looking to accept strongly motivated, qualified students into grades 9, 10, and 11. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. All our international students come to Northwest Catholic through partnering agencies. Please contact one of the agencies below to apply for admission.
At Northwest Catholic students are immersed in our English-speaking community and participate in all aspects of the community’s life --academically, spiritually, and socially. There are currently 29 international students at Northwest Catholic, representing the countries of China, South Korea, Albania, and Vietnam. We have also had students from Spain, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, and Germany.
International Admission Requirements.
- All students must apply through one of the partnering agencies
- Official transcripts with course descriptions in the English language
- Math teacher and English teacher recommendations
- TOEFL test summary and score report (minimum score of 85) -- TOEFL test must have been taken within a year of the date of application to NWC (NWC does not accept the SLEP test.)
- Online interview with the NWC International Student Coordinator
- A copy of the student's passport with legible photo and data
- A health record, which includes immunization records and physical exam. The health record must be complete and immunizations must be current for the student to be admitted to campus, to participate in any events, starting at orientation or the first day of school
Host an International Student
Northwest Catholic is a day school, and we work with an agent in the area to make sure that students are placed in an appropriate home. These homes are in West Hartford and the surrounding area. If you are interested in learning more about hosting an International Student, please fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly.